Life in Christ

I love Jesus and all he has done for me....I can't imagine life without him and I know that it is only because of him that I am here today.  I love that he can come into a town with no one and light up the people he touches, he makes them feel secure and loved.  He shows us that God is bigger than anything we shall face.  This is all done with a simple touch of his hand and a smile.  He needs no words for everything in is his spirit and actions.  He shows others kindness and passion for our God.  This week I have a challenge for all my Christian friends.....take a moment to get to know him through scripture, through your own actions and love.  You see this week is VBS at a friends church and I am making it my weekly challenge to touch another with his love, and faithfulness.  I am hoping that God speaks to me guiding my actions and words as I try to begin anew.  I was once told that I can do anything through him who strengthens me.  It is true, I found this out over 5 years ago...moving to a new town, struggling with my relationships and learning to be a good mother and wife.  No one can prepare you for the calm before your storm, and no one can heal you like God.  He spoke to me, comforted me, told me he was not going anywhere and loved me.  He showed me things that no one else could have, he gave me strength to go on, to love others as they don't always deserve, and to respect others despite my feelings.  It was not about me but about him, dying on the cross for my sins and knowing that I would not always be on mark with rightgeousness, love and kindness.  He knew that I would fail and try again, that I would suffer pain not even close to his and want to give up.  He wanted me to fall and learn, grow closer to him and understand a bit better of what he stands for , what we died for.  I know a bit more, I still don't have the bible memorized and I know that I will fall again, try to turn to my own strength and try to help myself get up....but I will need him.  He is there waiting for me to turn to him and accept him with all my heart....to know him inside out and have my heart filled with his love!

What an awesome God, who saves us before we know we need it and is always there to forgive no matter the cost!  I pray that today, others will come to know our God and his son better.  I pray that you will find the time for him as he is always there.  I pray that one day, there will be no suffering and pain so that we might grow closer.  That we will all know him and love him, follow his path and return to him in heaven. 

God bless.....Have a blessed week.

~"I will sing of the LORD’s great love forever;
with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known
through all generations.
2 I will declare that your love stands firm forever,
that you have established your faithfulness in heaven itself.
3 You said, “I have made a covenant with my chosen one,
I have sworn to David my servant,
4 ‘I will establish your line forever
and make your throne firm through all generations.’”[c]
5 The heavens praise your wonders, LORD,
your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones.
6 For who in the skies above can compare with the LORD?
Who is like the LORD among the heavenly beings? "

Psalm 89:1-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers