Week 4: Proverb 31:15-16



Enriching my marriage has always been important and helping to bring love and passion into our life is top priority now!

Proverbs 31:15 speaks to me of life with passi on...living a plan that God has in place for us, set into motion long before we were thought of in our mother's eyes.  I love my husband and all that is why I am striving to be a Proverbs wife.  God calls us to follow our husbands, submit to them and respect their judgement.  Do you?

If we trust in our Lord and his plan, our husbands are there to guide us and be our earthly support, as we are theirs.

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed."-Pr 16:3

"The plans of a diligent wife lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty." -Pr 21:5

"She gets up when it is still dark; she provides food for her household and portions for her servant girls (work)..." -Pr 31:15

What exactly does this mean to us.....to rise early allows for God to come first, refreshes our spirit and allows for Him to be our Rock, place to revive our passion for our family, marriage and life.

We are called to be wives that rise early, are prepared for our husbands day by provision of food and work for all.  We are asked to have a home that shows love, respect and a place that they want to come home to at the end of their hard work days.  I love trying to be there for my husband with love and respect for his day, no matter how bad I think my day was. I want my girls to see my love and enthusiams for work and how hard I want my house to be a place of comfort and love.  I know they see my love for him, despite his flaws.  They see the way I get down on my knees to pray and show them my passion for Christ. I want them to know what being married is about and how it requires work, focus and dedication no matter how hard it can be.  Love is want has bonded my husband and myself and love is what gets me through those long nights or stress-filled days when I want to throw in the towel and take a nap. 
The Proverbs 31 women remind me to be wise, look to God for guidance, strength, wisdom and patience.  I try to remember this as my days are long, I am paid in grace and blessings that no one can see, and I sometimes get sidetracked when it comes to appreciation for the little things I am called to do as a wife and homeschooling mother.....do you?

Remember that God is watching, loves us, and sees all that we do in his Name!  Amen♥

God bless all, Kim S  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers